In This Section
We carry out eye tests at all of our branches. The medical profession recommend regular eye tests, preferably every 6 months for adults, in order to ensure healthy vision.
You may be entitled to a free eye examination. Click here to see the criteria and see if you qualify.
Eye tests normally take approx 30 minutes and at the end of the test your optician will normally advise you of the results.
Please contact your local Punch branch to make an appointment
Listed below are the criteria for a Free Eye Examination. Are you entitled ?
Based on Age:
Based on Income - if you or your partner receives:
- If you are under the age of 16
- If you are a full time student aged 16,17 or 18
- If you are aged 60 or over
Based on Health:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Working Families tax credit
- Disabled persons tax credit
- A HC2 certificate
You may be eligible to partial help with your eye exam and / or spectacles, if you receive a low income. You will need to complete a HC1 form to apply, and these are available from Punch Opticians and the Post Office.
- If you suffer from diabetes / glaucoma
- If you are aged 40 or over and are the parent, brother, sister or child of a person with glaucoma
- If you have been prescribed with complex lenses under the NHS optical voucher scheme
- If you are registered blind / partially sighted
If you need any further information please feel free to call or email your local branch or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org